Revo beast..

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

Revo beast..

Postby Gaebler20 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:45 pm

Larry...
Finally got to use the revo beast....awesome reel...a powerhouse...super smooth and comfortable...pulled pounders this weekend and not one issue...
Also, whenever you do another show up here, if you're not able to do it with Jason hammernick, I'd highly recommend Matt Seifert of Musky Mercenary guide service..or anyone else out there...a good friend of mine and Jason's...was on mille lacs with them this weekend...
Matt was very friendly, extremely knowledgeable, and was a blast to fish with...
P.S...
Jason's new Pathfinder is awesome...sold me on it in about 5 seconds...an awesome awesome boat...
Gaebler20

Re: Revo beast..

Postby dahlberg » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:01 am

thanks for the note. I've heard good things about the reel. Yes, the Pathfinder is really impressive; especially when the wind begins to blow! Hope you've had a good season.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Gaebler20 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 am

Thanks larry...best season I've ever had...whiggly has put tons of fish in the boat for me...trying to figure out a way to get whiggly down to the bottom faster for the big ones...sinking a little too slow...
Oh yea it is...Friday was brutal on the big pond...3 to 5 footers crashing...Jason was the almost the only boat that wasn't rocking like crazy...love that boat...
Gaebler20

Postby dahlberg » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:48 am

there's a couple of ways. one, just put a sinker ahead of the leader. another use a heavier, larger hook. another, thread two feet of .060 lead forming wire inside a piece of hollow braid. Put a loop on each end. connect one end to leader of whiggley, other to your line using loop to loop connection.(tie loop knot like bimini in line)
Glad you've had a great season.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Gaebler20 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:18 pm

Ok..like a Carolina rig...will try it..
Thanks again Larry...
See ya at the expo in april...