whiggley

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

whiggley

Postby martin byrnes » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:40 pm

Will there be wiggley for bass?
martin byrnes

Re: whiggley

Postby dahlberg » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:18 am

There already is if the bass are big enough to eat it! We're working on another one that's a size smaller.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby BrianF. » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:55 pm

LOL! I must be a really slow 'cause I finally bought a package of Whiggleys - my first- from Thorne Bros and can't figure out how to rig them with the pre-rigged wire that came in the package! The wire is looped and crimped and has a split rig on both ends, with one end also having a hook. The rigging wire is separate from the two Whiggleys bodies in the package. Problem is the loop/crimp won't fit thru the holes in the bait! Guess I'll just cut off the loop/crimp and re-do them after inserting the wire in the bait. Are they supposed to come like that? Figured it was some kind of IQ test and I failed. Ha
BrianF.

Postby dahlberg » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:23 am

They were supposed to illustrate how to do it on the package. Remove split ring, thread one end of a foot long length of heavy line thru tube hole, pass line thru loop in wire, feed line back thru hole, grip tag ends tightly and use line to pull crimp and leader back thru hole! It's a tight fit, but the crimp will pass thru the tube.
I don't put split ring back on and use a snap on the end of my main line to connect to the wire loop.
Sorry for the confusion.
Your solution will also work just fine!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Questions