Itapara Lodge

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

Itapara Lodge

Postby Bob Daly » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:16 pm

Hi Larry: Great show on Itapara. Brought back many great memories as fished there for about 8 years in the early 2000s. Is Milton Cardille still running the lodge?
Good fishing, doradokiller 8)
Bob Daly

Re: Itapara Lodge

Postby puckfisher » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:26 am

Did you try the Whopper Plopper on Peacocks? Didn't see any top waters on this show. WatER too high?
puckfisher

Postby dahlberg » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:40 am

I tried everything. Out of 20 Brazilian anglers who were tossing everything in the pcock book a single twelve pounder was caught on live bait. I gave a wide glide to one of the guys who's rod was too soft to cast or work it properly and he caught a thirteen on it. I ended up with around a dozen and a half that ranged from the mid teens to low twenties.
It's been the norm on the last several trips I've taken for pcocks. As you will see if you look at my facebook page, my fishing buddy Cesare has had the same results.
As is often the case when angling, where you go matters, but what you do when you get there matters even more!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby puckfisher » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:30 pm

Another great show. Speaking about golf, I bought some of those balls you mentioned. The manufacturer admitted there was a manufacturing problem in the early releases but if I put a spot of paint on the third dimple below the second l and never hit more than a 4 iron that they would work. You think I'll get some of new balls that work or am I stuck? I'm not an expert anyway so what the heck.
puckfisher

Postby dahlberg » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:53 pm

Swing away and see where it goes!!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Questions