brown trout

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

brown trout

Postby hans79 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:34 pm

Dear Larry Just wondering if you have ever heard of the brown trout on lake michigan around milwaukee wisconsin. You have a very good shot at a 20 to 30 pounder. It might just be the best trout fishery in the world right now. :shock:
hans79

Postby dahlberg » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:30 am

hi h
You bet. I used to go over there and whack 'em out of my float tube 25 years ago!!
We'd go out in a big boat on the east side of door county w/flying bridge boat and mark all the rock piles with balloons, then sneak out pre dawn, slip the tubes out of the boat a couple hundred yards from the markers, paddle up silently and mid to high teeners that looked like silver footballs would nail the first cast and come out of the water like missiles!
You're right, it would be a great show, and it's an amazing fishery.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

browns

Postby blu1fin » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:21 pm

Yeah, Larry's idea sounds a little more exciting than the 'poop plant' (water treatment plant) that we fish at in Milwaukee.

Fish are stacked in there and you get to watch as a bunch of other interesting 'stuff' floats by, i.e. feminine hygiene and male prophylactics products.

The brown trout don't seem to mind as they flock to the warm water discharge during the cold water months.
blu1fin

Return to Freshwater Questions