Fishing off a kayak

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

Fishing off a kayak

Postby Joevicious08 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:15 pm

Hey larry have you ever been on a kayak fishing before :?:
Joevicious08

Postby dahlberg » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:33 am

Hi Joe,
Sure, they're great, it sure beats a canoe by a million miles.
I've often wondered what the the first indian who was paddling his birch bark canoe along must've thought when he saw his first kayak go whizzing by, or out though the surf at a river mouth.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

My Kayak Fishing Experience

Postby Joevicious08 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:09 pm

Personally my biggest fish were caught off a kayak. Mainly because some places you just can't get to with a ordinary boat. Populations of fish that havent even been touched by a human. One such instance is the local wetlands. Most people dont even know where they're located. In one of the wetland ponds me and my father caught over 50 fish in about the sum of 3 hours which isnt bad. One of the fish weighed in at around 9 pounds which is very large for a Pennsylvania large mouth. One other case was a 8 hour float down the conawago creek which produced a staggering amount of carp which tend to pull a 10 foot kayak around with ease.

If anyone else has had an experience fishing off a kayak please post i'd like to her about it.

,JV
Joevicious08

Postby Henry Schmidt » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:57 pm

Ive fished out of my O.K.Drifter for years. Catch small Tarpon,big Jacks, good sized Snook, and lots of Bass too. I prefer river and creek fishing more than flats, nicer scenery. Struggling now to get the fly cast down while sitting, can't always wade due to gators!
Henry Schmidt

Return to Freshwater Questions