DIY Golden Dorado Trip

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

DIY Golden Dorado Trip

Postby bowhunter29 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:01 pm

Larry,

We met at last year's MN Muskie Expo (I have a booth with custom rods each year across from Hammernick and Hulbert) and we spoke briefly about the wolf fish in Suriname. Ever since that conversation, I've been thinking about doing an out of country fishing trip. I've settled on doing a trip to South America for golden dorado and I have a couple of friends that would like to go with me. We'd prefer to target them in some of the smaller tributaries and we'd like this to be a DIY trip but we're not sure where to start. So far, we've mainly looked at the Salta Province in Argentina or Bolivia. Do you have any recommendations on a location or someone to contact to get us started?

Thanks,
Jeremy
bowhunter29

Re: DIY Golden Dorado Trip

Postby dahlberg » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Don't know anyone for a real do it your selfer. It might be pretty hard to find an outfitter that would trust his boats to strangers without a guide.
I'd say to contact Alejandro Linares in colombia. he's spent some amount of time in bolivia and has some spots that require quite a bit of walking but might be just what you're looking for. Believe me, it would be well worth it see what he'd charge to take you and handle getting around.
pescaenlaselva@hotmail.com is his email.
good luck,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby bowhunter29 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:04 pm

Thanks Larry. I'm not looking to borrow any boats, but I'm fine with hiking in to fish. I'll shoot an email to Alejandro to see if we can work something out.

Jeremy
bowhunter29

Postby Dan Hanon » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:16 am

Jeremy,

If Alejandro doesn't work out, let me know. I have a guy that takes clients to two remote rivers in Bolivia for golden dorado. Pretty amazing trip, but not possible as a DIY!

Dan
dan.hanon@att.net
Dan Hanon

Return to Freshwater Questions