Long jigger pole

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

Long jigger pole

Postby steelneal » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:22 pm

Dear Larry the King,
I just bought a 16 foot shallow water jigging pole to monkey around with this spring at my local lake....gonna dip shiners and what not around the emergent pads and beaver piles etc....
Have you ever messed around with this technique and if so, would you care to share any tips, techniques or stories about outrageous fish you caught in the thick stuff?
Thanks again,
All Hail the Larry
Steel Neal
steelneal

Re: Long jigger pole

Postby steelneal » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:39 pm

Also,
I just wanted to let you you about the passing of Leonard my pet Warmouth. After 4 years of pampering and perhaps a thousand fat head minnows and hundreds of nightcrawlers in my basement tank (next to my washer and dryer), he had grown from a chunky 6 1/2 incher to 11 inches even and 1.35 pounds on a digital scale at my local meat market...enough to have been a record size had he been a wild caught fish and not a cherished member of my family.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
steelneal

Postby dahlberg » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:10 am

Sorry to hear about Lenny. RIP
I've not done any doodle socking for ages. It's fun for sure. Didn't know you could even find a pole like that any more. We used heavy cane.
My fav was dipping for big dogfish (bowfin) in the reeds or flooded willows. Lots of creaking, squeeking, vegetation flying and foam being created.
Advice? Don't wear your good clothes.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby steelneal » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:18 pm

Cool,
i got a friend who had a decent sized grove(?) of bamboo than will let me cut some. Maybe i can get a pole for fishing and some more for some awesome fish attractors
steelneal

Return to Freshwater Questions