Question for Larry or others......

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

Question for Larry or others......

Postby jtaspin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:13 am

Starting to plan a Musky adventure for next summer. Thinking of either Lake of the Woods but have recently been leading towards Nielsens at rowan Lake. Any thoughts on which direction to head? The guy i would be going with is a little bit more of a numbers guy than I am, I am wanting a 50+. Thanks Larry and good luck out there.
jtaspin

Re: Question for Larry or others......

Postby dahlberg » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:35 am

In my mind, your question has only one answer, and exactly what that is depends somewhat on your boat, and budget. And by budget I mean both in terms of TIME and money.
But most of all, what matters at the end of the day is your adventure. What you will have to talk about together when you are too old to do it anymore. Both of those places are great. Rowan is much more intimate, lake of the woods is so much larger and has a carrying capacity immeasurably larger than Rowan that in terms of numbers, there is no comparison. Both have very good odds of a 50" fish biting your lure.
I suggest you not not where everyone else goes. Maybe go where they "should" be, on the edges of where everyone else might be in what ever body of water you decide on. You can't really go wrong in either body of water, and the odds of either you or your friend achieving your goals depends on how many days you can devote to the task! Or, how lucky you are in terms of hitting a "window" when you throw the dart at a calendar!
Good luck!
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Questions