Tomo

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

Tomo

Postby blu1fin » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:57 pm

Larry:

Any general comments on your experience on the Tomo/Tere last week. Heard talk of a 25#!

I will touch base with Steve next week but just curious if I should be penciling it in for next January? Thanks.

Steve
blu1fin

Postby dahlberg » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:55 pm

hi b,
all in all tomo tough, very tough. lots of wind due to savanah, relativelyl cloudy water for a pcock river.
caught half dozen or so in mid plus teens. zillions of butterflies. one certified gasper goo. biggest one the guide (former commercial, now 7 year guide) has seen. he figured 25. i figured closer to 25 than 20.
Honestly, my perspective is somewhat askew due to too many species so much larger than pcocks, but it was a big one for sure.
conditions tough as far as tiny wicked semi invisible hordes of thousands of biting bugs was concerned.
camping primitive to say the least, but the people were very, very nice and I'm sure Steve will be able to translate the importance of mantaining certain miminum standards regarding the nuts and bolts of sleeping, washing, eating, etc. that it will be a worthwhile spot to catch a whopper.
I've got lot of other details regarding fishing strategy in this somewhat unique environent but don't have time now.
Learned about lots of fishing possibilities during my visit and will return.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby blu1fin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:13 am

Larry:

Thanks for the observations. You definitiely are not afraid to go where few anglers have gone.

I will looking forward to no doubt an entertaining show on the trip.

Steve
blu1fin

Return to Freshwater Questions