Mr. Dahlberg

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

Mr. Dahlberg

Postby steelie71 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:21 pm

Mr. Dahlberg,
I'm going on a bear hunt on the shores of Wollaston Lake in Sask, Can. the second week of June. I am way more of a fisherman than a hunter but I couldn't pass it up. The outfitter that we are going with believe it or not doesn't know very much at all about the fishing so we will be on our own fishing wise. Have you ever been there if so any hints as where to start ex. bays or flats. I guess it will be a temp. thing at that time...look for shallow water soft mud bottom something to warm up a couple of degrees. As for lures I see people on TV fishing there throwing large baits like gliders, bucktails, and spinnerbaits... that you could use as a prop if you had issues with the one on your boat. But I don't know what time of year. The shows that I know when they are fishing early they are using large rubber type baits site casting. I'm looking for ideas for the site casting to them the only thing I've come up with are large slug o's any other suggestions? Thats enough of your time...thanks.

Thanks,
Scott D
steelie71

Re: Mr. Dahlberg

Postby dahlberg » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:30 pm

hi s
it's a big, big lake and an excellent fishery. I've been there several times. You are right about location at that time of year. soft plastics, spinner baits, jigs, minnow baits, topwater are options.
good luck!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby steelie71 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:11 am

That place is unreal. Grayling, walleyes and huge pike.

Scott D
steelie71

Postby Dan Hanon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Scott D,

How was your trip? Any big fish and pics?

Dan
Dan Hanon

Return to Freshwater Questions