Owner Jig Rig

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

Owner Jig Rig

Postby RhettWheeler » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:46 pm

Have you seen the new Owner Jig Rig? If so, do you think the angler would have problems w/ the weight knocking the hook out of a bass's mouth? I seem to think you're not really going to run into the problem unless a bass really inhales the lure deep.
"Fear not the man who knows 10,000 kicks but has practiced them one time. Fear the man who knows one kick and has practiced it 10,000 times."
RhettWheeler

Re: Owner Jig Rig

Postby dahlberg » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:09 pm

Kat, the owner of Owner showed it to me last July, but I have not fished with it. Kat is pretty conservative and doesn't ever launch a product that's not been proven so I would assume even though it may look like it might not work, it probably does!!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby RhettWheeler » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:09 am

Thanks Larry. I really do think it will work pretty well. Some of the members of my bass fishing team at the college have brought up concerns in tournament use (i.e. they think they'll lose fish using it). my argument for that, is I don't think it would be any more of a risk than texas rigging a bait... which has proven to be pretty effective. Larry, when you texas right a bait, what knot do you prefer to use for main line to hook connection?
"Fear not the man who knows 10,000 kicks but has practiced them one time. Fear the man who knows one kick and has practiced it 10,000 times."
RhettWheeler

Postby RhettWheeler » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:06 am

So i got my jig rigs in, in various sizes. After looking at them and tinkering with them a little bit and fishing with them, I can see no real conceivable way for them to knock the hook out of a fish's mouth. I recommend these to anyone who wants good control over their soft plastics with added action. Theyre awesome.
RhettWheeler

Postby Bantam1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:50 pm

The weight will not knock the hook out. You tie your line to the solid ring. This allows the hook and weight to swing independantly. This is exactly like the rig we use for the Butterfly jigs. Those jigs weigh a lot more than the Owner rig. I have used the rig a little and have not had any issues with lost fish.
Bantam1

Postby RhettWheeler » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:15 am

Thanks Bantam
RhettWheeler

Return to Freshwater Questions