Lake Nasser

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

Lake Nasser

Postby fishermanjoel » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:14 pm

Hi Larry, I am a dedicated fisherman as well as fan and would surely appreciate your opinion. I am cuurently in the process of booking a trip to Lake Nasser but seem to be having quite a bit of trouble recieving quality information about some very important things. Safety, traveling issues, quality guides as well as boats. Thanks J
fishermanjoel

Re: Lake Nasser

Postby dahlberg » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm

FJ
No one can predict the safety of a traveler in Egypt. The area is surrounded by whackos, but they usually target tour groups and higher profile travelers rather than anglers.
I've been there a couple of times and have to say it's gone down hill due to commercial netting and targeting of the perch.
If you go, I'd suggest you do it when the commercial season is supposed to be closed because the nets can really interfere with fishing.
Also suggest you book with Steve Yatomi at Adventure Travel Alliance (link on front page-world travel) because he's in touch with the top guys on the lake, has been there a bunch, including with me, and will give you the straight scoop.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Questions