Will there ever be a member photo gallery?

General Questions

Will there ever be a member photo gallery?

Postby Shoremaster » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:31 am

Larry, I'm curious to see what my fellow monster hunters have caught after using what they've learned from the forum and your onscreen advice. I know I have a bunch of photos I'd like to post. A couple of months ago I was forced to try an old tactic that I remember you suggesting back a few years ago when I was fishing Sebastien Inlet Florida for giant Redfish. It was during the spawn so trhere were definitely plenty of reds around but the problem was that the inlet was simply boiling with bluefish that night making nearly every presentation useless. No matter the bait or artificial I pulled out of the ol' bag of tricks, all i produced was one blue after another. Thats when I remembered... you once said to try baits at tyhe extreme ends of the size spectrum. Needles to say that any small bait was out of the question so I opted to shop the next Bluefish in half and throw the head portion down on the bottom. Not two minutes later the clicker on my Daiwa Saltist BG series started screaming. After a huge run on the fifty pound braid against plenty of drag I began to think I'd tied into jaws but a several minutes of war later up came the bull red I had been dreaming about. All estimates from the inlet elite put the fish well over the fifty pound mark and nearly sixty inches in length. If you'd Like to see the photo either create a user gallery or check out my facebook page. Search DAVID HARTWELL... Thanks for such sound advice.
Prove them wrong... you don't NEED a boat to catch giant fish.
Shoremaster

Return to General Questions