NEED HELP!!!! VISITING GIRLFRIEND IN COLOMBIA!!!

General Questions

NEED HELP!!!! VISITING GIRLFRIEND IN COLOMBIA!!!

Postby kentfishr » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:27 pm

hello all,
this question is directed to larry and anyone else who has info or experience with fishing in colombia. I am from charleston sc where i regularly fish inshore and offshore. i packed a 7wt a 9wt an 2000stradic combo and a 600penn battle surf combo, as well as the bare necessities of light-med freshwater tackle and med saltwater tackle. My girlfriends family lives in Cali, and i have been able to find very little info on fishing the areas within a easy days drive, and in fact have been told that most of the nicer rivers outside the city are unsafe due to guerrilla activity. I have not made the plans nor do i have the funds to makes a trip to a place like the famed orinoco, but would definitely settle for a closer less remote river if i could get there. soo if anyone has info about the productive and safe areas nearby cali that would be great!!! we will also be going to spend several days at a resevoir to the N of Cali near Darien. i assume there are fish in the resevoir but i have no clue as to what soo info on typical species would be great. I will be going to san andres isle for a few days as well and assume the usual carribean fish will be available, if i can get a local guide or panga for a reasonable price. Info about this area would also be greatly appreciated. finally i will likely visit cartagena for a couple days. i know that there is a sport fishing fleet there and would love to go one day but will not be able to afford a sportfishing charter on my own, rather i would most likely be trying to get a small panga or local guide that has a reasonable rate to fish nearshore for shallow mid depth species on the reefs lagoons and mangroves, any contact info or suggestions here would be great as this may be my only real chance to catch a fish in colombia. So as you can see i have more questions than answers and need plenty of help so if you have the time and any info please respond!!! I would be willing to trade any helpful info for a day on the water in charleston ( we will catch something), i am here till Oct 4th so there is some time. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
tim
kentfishr

Return to General Questions