How do I approach potential sponsors?

General Questions

How do I approach potential sponsors?

Postby kayak kevin » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:31 pm

Larry, my hero! How did you get to where you are today?Traveling the world, catching exotic monsters, getting it on film and sharing the experience with us.I would love to someday do the same. My history; kayak fishing is my thing. I am the 1st kayaker to achieve expert angler status by the VA. saltwater fishing tournament. spent over 800 hours on the water last year to do it. In 2005 I paddled solo from pensacola Fla. to my home in Norfolk VA. 1800 miles in four and a half months. I am a regular on local radio and magazines, and have been on TV news. I have done many seminars on my tour and kayak fishing. next year i'm planing a longer tour from Brownsville TX. to VA. This will be nearly 3000 miles. how do I drum up support? what do I need to do? on more of a personal note, If you ever want to come to the Chesapeake bay and catch big fish on a small boat, my buddies and I would love to put you on'em. big drum show in may! check out kayakkevin.com. thank you for any advice. kev.
kayak kevin

Postby dahlberg » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:33 am

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for the post. All I can tell you is to keep paddling! Even after all the years I've been at this, by far the hardest part of making it work, and a constant struggle, is finding sponsors. Wish I knew the secret!
good luck,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to General Questions