same question asked a diffrent way

General Questions

same question asked a diffrent way

Postby rolando » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:42 pm

Larry,

thanks for your help. You have a great show. You seem to really have fun and love what you do. Heck I saw a show where you jumped into a river in South America! Most folk would be scared to even touch the water!

My question is still on this conventional reel and rod setup. I value your opinion so if you were to fish in New England from a variety of situations using lures only. What conventional reel and rod would you use???

I know you use shimano so if you had one rod and one conventional reel for beach, jetty and other situations what would be your choice? Remeber one rod and reel only.

thanks and I hope I'm not being a pain in the neck. But for many of us there is this wall of secrecy from the old guard and even the tackle shops good advice is hard to come by.

example if you were to say R i would use a 10 foot MH shimano XXX matched with a shimano XXX and this would cover many situations not perfect for each one on its own. But this combo will work well in many conditions and is comfortable and wont wear you down when working a beach or salt marsh for 4-5 hours
rolando

Postby dahlberg » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:22 am

Hi R,
Although it may defy conventional wisdom, my personal choice would be a Teramar TAMC 7'6" MH or Calcutta CLCX80MH rod.
Reel would be either a Calcutta 400TE or a Curado 300 DSV.
good luck,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to General Questions