Videos

General Questions

Videos

Postby bassfighter1 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:00 pm

Hey Larry And Mike,Was Wondering When Were Any New Videos Were Coming Out And Larry Are Any New HFBF Episodes Going To Be Aired,Take Care Guys
bassfighter1

Re: Videos

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:21 pm

Sorry for the slow response to this as I know Larry and I have both been traveling quite a bit over the last couple months as well as trying to fish whenever we can.

Is there any specific videos that you anyone is looking for? Even if it is not a complete project but a process, product, or method of some sort. Our video library is fairly extensive and honestly I often get to the point of trying to think of new content.

So any help you can give us would be great.

thx,
Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Postby bassfighter1 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:13 pm

Hey Guys,I'm Trying To Figure Out How To Make A Line Thru Jointed Swimbait,I Really Don't Want To Use Eye Screws
bassfighter1

Postby aka anglinarcher » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:39 pm

Can you sketch out what you mean? I am not sure what you are talking about on a "LINE THRU". I am working on some different joint options and hope to give them to Mike for his review soon, so if I can understand the line thru requirements then I will try to incorporate it into the video.

I have an idea of what you are talking about, but there is enough room for confusion that I don't want to do the wrong one.
I think my bucket list has a hole in the bottom!
aka anglinarcher

Postby bassfighter1 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:12 pm

Oops I Meant Wire Thru Swimbait,I Know To Form The Wire For The Line Tie And Hook Hanger But How Would I Go About Doing It For The Rear Section
bassfighter1

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:45 am

I'd bend the wire for those separately and insert them into your mold, just as you do the head. The "joints" themselves can be done a few different ways such as with a pin.

Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Postby aka anglinarcher » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:43 pm

I agree with Mike, you will need to bend and insert the wire in each side. For a through wire to work on a jointed bait it must articulate at the joint.

Some of the alternate joints that might work are piano or door type hinges, or of course the common V joint. In both cases the problem is how to transfer the load from one wire to the other.

I'll have to think on this one for some time but in reality I question the need for through wire on a resin bait. For soft wooden baits, especially balsa baits, it was a necessity, but resin baits are so much stronger. I have tried to pull joints apart that I made using Alumilite White for a shell and Alumilite Super Foam for the core, made V Joint style. The joint held over 200 pounds, well over what any reel drag can handle and well more then an fishing line I would have been using for this 4" bait.

Still, I will give it some thought on how to actually connect an articulating through wire from one side to the other without impacting the movement.
I think my bucket list has a hole in the bottom!
aka anglinarcher

Postby bassfighter1 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:59 pm

Thanks Guys The Rat Swimbait I Made Was A Bust Because I Cut It In Half,Resesed A Hole One Side And Added A Screw Eye And Just A Screw Eye In The Other Side And Had Enough Space In Between But No Action,Gonn Go With The V Joint On The Next One
bassfighter1

Return to General Questions