Big Fish Stories Tape

General Questions

Big Fish Stories Tape

Postby scott20 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:38 pm

Larry,
As kids, my brothers and I fell in love with fishing while watching a VHS tape that you starred in that I believe was called "Big Fish Stories". It was probably made in the 1990s. It opened with you eating walleye and potatoes with a guy named Kip Howard. There were then three segments included: fishing walleye with Ed Iman in the Columbia River, fishing smallmouth in Ely, Minnesota, and fishing sturgeon.

We have lost our copy of the tape, and were talking the other day how much we would love to find a copy of that tape somewhere as it was such a memorable part of our childhood. We have looked everywhere online, but cant seem to find a copy.

I was wondering if you knew if it was still possible to find a copy of this and if you had any idea how to get one. Thanks a lot. I have learned so much from you over the years and really appreciate all you do for fishing.

Thanks
Scott
scott20

Re: Big Fish Stories Tape

Postby dahlberg » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:45 am

Wow, that goes back a while. Those episodes were grabbed at random more or less and the tape was done as a test. As far as I know they are no longer available, and were a very limited run.
I'm pretty sure all the episodes, minus the fish fry transitions are on the DVD's available in the HFBF library.
sorry!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Re: Big Fish Stories Tape

Postby rausch51 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:57 pm

It looks like there is a copy for sale on Amazon right now for $7.20.
rausch51

Return to General Questions