Lost/found fishing rods? LOL

General Questions

Lost/found fishing rods? LOL

Postby aka anglinarcher » Tue May 30, 2017 6:35 pm

Larry, as you know, I have been recovering from a knee replacement. The Doctor, the Therapist, and my wife all say I am recovering ahead of schedule, but not being able to get out and fish my style is KILLING ME. :shock:

I got your DVD collection and have been watching a disk a day to keep my sanity, and so far, it has helped...... and has given me some cause for laughs. :lol:

I was watching the show where you had your prototype Curado, I think the E series, and something happened and a Sail took rod and reel overboard. Now that is not so funny, but how in the world did you manage to get that rod and reel back? Sure, you had the captain back up quick, but every time I have a rod taken (only a couple in 50+ years) it goes straight to oblivion.

So, how in the world did you get it back? Is there a trick I need to know for the next time it happens to me? LOL :mrgreen:
I think my bucket list has a hole in the bottom!
aka anglinarcher

Re: Lost/found fishing rods? LOL

Postby dahlberg » Wed May 31, 2017 6:26 am

I too in my aging process have developed some infirmities due to over-fishing, namely the condition called tennis elbow and golfers elbow.I have both in SPADES! As a result sometimes after pulling hard on a bunch of fish I loose control of my hands! In this case everyone involved reacted very quickly and we got the rod back. I am not sure how...
Glad you are enjoying the dvd's, and hope you recover soon!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Re: Lost/found fishing rods? LOL

Postby aka anglinarcher » Wed May 31, 2017 2:17 pm

I kept replaying that section of the video, half expecting to see Poseidon himself hand it back. :lol:

How that rod stayed on top with a Sail attached will always be one of those great mysteries of life I guess.

Sorry about the Tennis Elbow and Golfers Elbow. I can see how that can cause problems, BUT it is NOT from overfishing. If my wife read this and started to believe that then she would make me cut back on fishing. IT IS NOT FROM OVERFISHING! LOL :twisted:
I think my bucket list has a hole in the bottom!
aka anglinarcher

Return to General Questions