Wader recommendation

General Questions

Wader recommendation

Postby Duke » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:15 pm

Any info on less expensive, breathable waders? Are frogg toggs any good? Not going to be used heavily. Thanks
Duke

Re: Wader recommendation

Postby dahlberg » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:50 pm

never used them, but have heard pretty good reports about them. I think their raingear is a great value, especially when you compare it to the insane prices many of the top brands are asking.
I'd be interested in what others have to say on the subject.
Hoping you stay dry and warm,
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Duke » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:35 pm

Thanks Larry.
Duke

Postby Bob Daly » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:16 pm

ONe of my fishing buddies really likes the Bass Pro Shops White River Osprey waders. We have used these and Simms at Jurassic Lake in Patagonia which has some of the sharpest rocks on earth. No problem with either brand but the Bass Pro is a fraction of the cost of the Simms. I also have used Cableas guide waders for years on the Alaska Peninsula without problems. Watch on their bargin cave for good deals. However, the Alaska terrain is nothing compared to Jurassic so if a wader can hold up there I highly recommend it. 8)
Bob Daly

Postby Duke » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:59 am

Thanks. After reading many reviews, I ordered a pair of Redington entry level waders from Sierra Outfitters. At the price I got them for if I get a couple seasons out of them I'll be happy.
Duke

Return to General Questions