UV coloration

General Questions

UV coloration

Postby Bob Daly » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:38 pm

HI Larry: With your vast experience of lure making, have you seen a bite difference when using UV colorations? When I was in Maldives was able to get a few deep diving lures in UV coloration made by a well know manufacturer which does not have these available here in the USA.
Thanks doradokiller 8)
Bob Daly

Re: UV coloration

Postby dahlberg » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:15 pm

At this point I'm not too sure about the uv paints since all white is basically titanium oxide. I am however very interested in UV light and it's affect on aquatic life. I have long suspected it might correlate to barometer.
did you find any dif? Incidentally how was the GT fishing? I've often thought the Maldives should have some good bonefish. I've run into quite a few Canadians who vacation there but not for fishing.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Bob Daly » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:31 am

Hi Larry: Thanks for the reply. The UV colors were on Mag30 rapalas which I plan on using at La Zona later in the year. Maldives was great. Very calm seas. My largest GT went about 80lbs on topwater and had a few I could not stop and got cutoff in the surf/coral. Being my first experience at saltwater, GTs have now got me hooked and hope to return next year. Just love topwater fishing! 8) Not sure on bonefish but do not see why not!
Best, doradokiller 8)
Bob Daly

Postby dahlberg » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:08 pm

Yup, GTs are animals. Suggest you check out the guys at Nomad mothership in Australia. The fish from boats along the great barrier reef and have countless miles and miles and miles of coral reefs and heads crawling with GTs. Super operation with great guides and operater. Damon Olson is his name.
Got one est at 140#. Also lots of other species.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Bob Daly » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:15 pm

Thanks Larry: Have 2 good friends who have fished with the folks at Nomad and are returning shortly for a return trip. ONe of the guys I fished with at Jurassic for rainbows was a guide with them. My friend whom I previously mentioned that was going to Oman for GTs is off there next week. Will let you know how he liked it.
Doradokiller 8)
Bob Daly

Return to General Questions