WOW! What a blow to a resort community

General Questions

WOW! What a blow to a resort community

Postby dustedone » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:22 am

Mr. Dahlberg,

I am sure you have seen/heard the regulations being imposed on Mille Lacs Lake. http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fishing/mill ... namic.html

Undoubtably the most insane set of regulations I have ever seen in my lifetime. The lifestyle of this lake community have been put to a stress test in the past few years and I am gonna say this maybe the nail in the coffin for quite a few business in the area.

This demonic thinking by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources that they have control over a lakes up and down cycles is nonsense; and this maybe spreading to other fishing communities in this great state we call Minnesota.

You have any planned stops for Muskies on Mille Lacs this year? I would still love to get out there and learn the technique of kniting for those toothy gals!!

My best always,

Dust
dustedone

Re: WOW! What a blow to a resort community

Postby dahlberg » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:48 pm

I cannot agree with you more. What's kind of funny, or ironic I should say is that the two species (walleye/musky) being "managed" by the DNR are sucking gas, while the only species they don't care about (smallmouth) are thriving!!
Not sure if I'll be up there this season or not. Love to show you the kite biz. Loads of fun.
thanks for the post,
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to General Questions