Shows

General Questions

Shows

Postby bassfighter1 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:25 pm

Hey Larry Are The New Episodes Of HFBF Going To Be On The Sportsman Channel
bassfighter1

Re: Shows

Postby dahlberg » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:07 am

If I decide to shoot some new stuff it will likely appear there!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby warpsyrhead » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:11 am

Hi L,
You haven't been filming many new shows lately... What have you been working on? Or what's been consuming your time?

Hope you're well, love to Mojo.

-Brian/warps
warpsyrhead

Postby dahlberg » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:30 am

just back from s korea at tfo rod factory. working on their line of conventional rods. off to Sweden in april for some lure building stuff. taking wife and grandson to Wollaston lake lodge in early july. still thinking about whether or what as far as new shows. Ready to launch really cool follow up lure to the whopper plopper.
thanks for asking!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby aka anglinarcher » Tue May 31, 2016 9:50 pm

Larry,

Sorry it took me so long go respond to your threads, but I wanted to take some time to think about it.

Of course I, and I assume most of us, respect your wishes and your future plans. I personally can only see major improvements in rods once you team up with production companies. It would excite me to see what you can come up with once TFO incorporates your concepts (I hope you can standardize how power and actions are stated). Any time you spend with family is always a win-win. In fact, I live where I do now for that reason, no more travel for weeks or months at a time.

Nevertheless, the gist of my response. We all have "callings" in life. I feel yours has always been to teach fishermen the fines points of being a better fisherman. I have talked to several at the local community fishing "ponds" that are asking the same question.....when is the next season from Mr. Dahlberg? So many of us depend on you as a relief or stress reducer. We kind of live through you. I have followed your career from the Days you spent on "In Fisherman". You deserve your position in the International Fisherman Hall of Fame.

I guess what I am saying is that if you can see your way, many many of us look forward to seeing more. With the loss of friends, family, etc., God knows you deserve a rest. Nevertheless, be assured that we will be waiting to watch if you chose to shoot more shows.

Thanks,
Your friend,
Steve
aka anglinarcher
I think my bucket list has a hole in the bottom!
aka anglinarcher

Postby dahlberg » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:51 am

hi steve
great to hear from you, and many thanks for your kind words. Not sure what the future holds for me, guess like always, will have to wait and see.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Cal » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:49 am

Not that this is a controversy, or that Larry needs my defense, but I understand where he's coming from. I used to be involved with producing a wrestling television broadcast (the content is apples and oranges, I know, but bear with). I was both the booker, which means I plotted out the matches, angles, and direction of the show, and was the on-air announcer. I also helped in post-production. It was supposed to be a part-time gig, but it the entire process was still very time consumptive. There came a point where I had to back off from it in order to focus on other projects, my real vocation (teaching), family life, and my writing. Putting a show together can force all of that to the back, where you may not get to it.

Larry's show is my favorite, too, and I miss it, but I understand why it's on self-imposed hiatus.

At least we have the DVDs! :mrgreen:

C
I drank what?
--Socrates
Cal

Postby dahlberg » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:08 am

Thanks for the note..yes indeed, having been there you also do feel the pain!!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby bassfighter1 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:40 am

I Would Love To See New Shows...But Larry You Need A Break
bassfighter1

Return to General Questions