Tackle Box

General Questions

Tackle Box

Postby bassfighter1 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:05 pm

Larry Or Anybody Here,I'm Looking For The Ultimate Tackle Box,Any Sugestions
bassfighter1

Re: Tackle Box

Postby Questor » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:00 pm

I'm not a big fan of a mother ship tackle box. I keep several (and I do mean SEVERAL, as in expanding to fill the universe) boxes for various purposes. For example, bait hooks of many sizes so I always have a hook for the bait I need to use. One for turtle grass northern gulf flats fishing while wading. Another one for bonefish flies. Another one for northern gulf inshore flies. One for local northern pike fishing. It's kind of like golf clubs; pick the right ones for the job and combine them for a particular trip or outing.

I believe that modularizing like that keeps the various applications intellectually manageable, and I always have what I realistically need. For example, I don't likely need #20 midges while fishing for sharks, so I don't have the midge box with me then.

Lots are avaiable, but one I will specifically mention as remarkable is the Plano box that's made for stink baits like Berkley Gulp Alive. It's small enough to fit in a wader pocket or fly fishing vest, and seals positively. It looks like the one at the link below, but dimensions are smaller. I like it in combination with Gulp Alive because the color of the baits doesn't bleed, so I can keep baits like a chartreuse and minnow-colored baits in the same box. I keep an assortment of sizes and colors, and just love that thing. There is NO stink, and I'm comfortable keeping the box in the house or in my car.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Plano_Li ... L3700.html
Questor

Postby dahlberg » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:40 am

That's a great question, but if you saw all the stuff I've got laying here, there and everywhere you would likely go elsewhere for your answer!
seriously, it depends on whether you fish out of your own boat, someone else's, or if you fish from a pier, or beach, or wade in a stream, or use giant lures, or tiny ones, or how much terminal stuff you carry, or whether you already know what's going on and won't need to cover lots of bases, or how many different species are involved.....
so, tackle box for what?
My filing system winds up being like an archeological dig, boxes stacked, reflecting layers of change over the last 60 years!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Badger1992 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:11 pm

For me, this Bass Pro Shops soft sided tackle box works well for general freshwater. I've gone through a couple over the years, they're durable. You just fill them with whichever plastic lure boxes you like. It has two roomy side pockets and one in the front.

Bass Pro Shops Extreme Qualifier 370 Tackle Bag
Built for battle with heavy-duty, water-repellent polyester construction and a reinforced vinyl bottom, the 24 X 15 X 11½ -inch bag holds up to five 370 utility boxes, and offers elastic tool holders, plus zippered and mesh pockets to hold your gear. $34.99 bag only, $49.99 with utility boxes. basspro.com
Badger1992

Return to General Questions