MR. WHIGGLEY SMALLER VERSION.

General Questions

MR. WHIGGLEY SMALLER VERSION.

Postby bennie » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:41 pm

Is there any update on MR. WIGGLEY smaller version.The Bass around here doesn`t grow too much.Happy new year.
bennie

Re: MR. WHIGGLEY SMALLER VERSION.

Postby dahlberg » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:42 am

I've made some prototypes, but in reality when I get down to the smaller sizes (under 5-6") there's no benefit to the interior skeleton/sliding hook design to offset the additional cost of that type of design. I'd suggest trying the old Banjo minnow. It's not as stable as whiggley but has similar non mechanical action and wide variety of speed and buoyancy options.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:34 am

http://www.makelure.com/store/pg/54-How ... rettyPhoto

The top video on our Videos page shows making a one using a 3D printer but you can easily sculpt a smaller Whiggley. We designed and printed this one because we had requests on how to use 3D printing to make a lure.

As Larry mentioned, the leader thru design isn't needed with this smaller lure so I just twisted up some brass and a laid that in the mold for a wire through design. Also added beebees in the Alumisol for weight. They run great and work phenomenally anytime largemouth or smallmouth are on shad.

Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Postby bennie » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:52 pm

Thank you, so much for the advice.I probably will try both things.Thank you Guys and Happy new year.
bennie

Return to General Questions