DVDs!!! WOW! Thank you!!!

General Questions

DVDs!!! WOW! Thank you!!!

Postby Questor » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Mr. Dahlberg,

I can't believe my good fortune! You were able to get the Hunt For Big Fish videos to DVD. Thank you! I haven't been on the forum for a while and just saw the ad yesterday. I had to do a triple-take to make sure I wasn't dreaming or hallucinating.

Years ago you made some of the episodes available in a 2 disk package and I liked those. Although entertaining, the real key to their value is that I learned a lot.

I never believed you'd make all of the episodes available on DVD. When I saw your offer of the 1993-2015 17 disk collection, I could not resist. It was the closest thing to an impulse buy I've made in a long time.

Your videos are absolutely positively nobody-else-even-comes-close by far the best in the business: past, present, and probably future. I greatly appreciate the high quality and real value for the money.

Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2016,
Rudy
Questor

Re: DVDs!!! WOW! Thank you!!!

Postby dahlberg » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:44 am

I'm so happy you're enjoying them! Thanks for the post, and have a great new year!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Questor » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:20 pm

Mr. Dahlberg:

It's a formidable task just to watch all of the episodes! I've had the collection for about two months and I'm only up to 2003. My favorite tech tips have been related to bait fishing as opposed to lure fishing. For example, bridling smaller baitfish that I would ordinarily hook.

I think you need to get more credit for popularizing circle hooks.

Other favorite tech tips have been about the use of sinking fly line, which I've never used much, but you gave me some good ideas.

For lures, I like the tarpon spoon that slides up the line and increases hook-ups. I should adapt that to smaller spoons.

After watching a bunch of episodes, it's also easy to tell which trips went especially well. A buddy of mine is getting ready to retire and he wants to take fishing trips. I told him to buy your collection and watch it to get good ideas for places to go, with the caveat that some of the places likely have changed during the last 20+ years.
Questor

Postby dahlberg » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:50 pm

glad you're enjoying them . it's hard to believe so much time and so many miles, places and people have passed. you are right about the changes.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to General Questions