General Questions


Postby warpsyrhead » Wed May 20, 2015 9:38 pm

Hi everyone, hope you all are well and have been able to do some fishing!

Question re: blanks...
Larry, you've mentioned progressive taper rods a few times. I haven't seen any company or blank use this term (yet). MHX has a Mag Taper blank- would you consider this a progressive taper blank? Will you point me towards a blank you'd consider progressive taper?

Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:19 pm
Location: Twin Cities, MN

Re: Blanks

Postby dahlberg » Thu May 21, 2015 5:10 am

usually mag taper means a really stiff butt and soft tip, but sometimes it means just plain stiff! In all likelihood the closest thing you might find to what i call a progressive taper will be referred to as "moderate", but there is no guarantee of that either! I'm working on a couple right now, but really can't say who or what blank that's in existence today would fall into that designation.
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 5174
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Taylors Falls, Minnesota

Return to General Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests