Sebile

General Questions

Sebile

Postby warpsyrhead » Thu May 14, 2015 12:25 pm

Hey goopers,

Anyone notice how drastically discounted the Sebile lures have become? Anyone know the reason? I know he introduced the bass specific "Action First" series that are retailing at a somewhat reasonable price. But some of those Stick Shad and Magic Swimmer lures I saw as high as $40. A lot of his $20-$30 lures are being clearanced out by Cabela's and as low as $6.

I admire the man's work and was wondering if there's anything more to it than more focus on the bass lures.

Thanks friends!

-Brian/warpsyrhead
warpsyrhead

Re: Sebile

Postby Badger1992 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:41 pm

I do know he sold his company several years ago to Pure Fishing. Cabelas and others probably just trying to unload the surplus, and maybe some models will be discontinued. IMO, the Splasher and Stick Shad are his best lures. The Magic Swimmer is pretty cool when sweeped or jerked.
Badger1992

Postby dahlberg » Fri May 15, 2015 7:28 am

Yes, Patrick sold his company to Pure Fishing a couple of years ago. The reason you are seeing them with such low prices is that they are being "closed out" because the retailer was unable to get his targeted inventory turns out of the product.
IMO a big part of it is that the Sebile ad budget was cut to literally zero and thus there is no support to pull the product thru the pipeline.
I agree, those are two of his best lures. It appears we will no longer have access to the wide variety of sink rates once offered in the stick shad.
They had him doing bass last year, when I spoke to him recently he was working on pike stuff with a focus on Europe. best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby warpsyrhead » Fri May 15, 2015 11:03 am

Ah, thanks for the response you two. I knew of the affiliation with Pure Fishing, but didn't know he sold it.
Yeah, we've been grabbing all the fast sinking lures we can find at Cabela's, $6 a pop is a great price.

Tell him hello and wish him luck next time you speak!

Thanks again, have a good weekend!
warpsyrhead

Postby dahlberg » Fri May 15, 2015 11:21 am

ha! those are the ones I would grab also!! I'll tell him hello.
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby mylobass » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:13 pm

dahlberg wrote:
> when I spoke to him recently he was
> working on pike stuff with a focus on Europe. best
> L

Odd with Pure Fishing owning or being heavily involved with Swartzonker a premiere Euro Pike builder, that they would become their own competition!
mylobass

Postby Bob Daly » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:38 pm

Stocked up on the x-large size deep diving Koolie minnows which in my opinion are great!
doradokiller 8)
Bob Daly

Return to General Questions