Fred Hall Fishing and Boating Show

General Questions

Fred Hall Fishing and Boating Show

Postby Fomen38 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:06 pm

Larry-
I had a good discussion with Mike from Alumilite a few weeks back. I asked him how he and you first met. It was a cool story. It’s really cool to see how you have combined forces to develop some amazing products. I mentioned to Mike, and I want to mention to you about the Fred Hall Boating and Fishing show. I don’t know if you’ve ever heard of it, but it’s an annual event held in southern California. It spans 2 locations (Long Beach and San Diego), and it lasts about 4 days per location. It is HUGE, and it draws HUGE crowds of anglers. I think just having you there would draw a crowd, but it would also be an opportunity to promote you and Mike’s products. If you held an instructional seminar on replicating swimbaits with RTV silicone and Alumisol, you would sell a TON of the product. Swimbaits are the go-to bait for saltwater anglers in San Diego. They use them in the bays and in the kelp. Also, if you demonstrated the various lures you’ve developed (i.e. Whopper Plopper, Mr Wiggley, etc…) you would sell a bunch of those as well. I just thought I’d throw it out there to see if you might be interested one of these years. It’s probably too late this year. The Long Beach show is March 4-8, and the San Diego show is March 26-29. Go online when you get a chance and check out some of the exhibitors. You’ll see how big it is.

Take care,
Scott A
Fomen38

Re: Fred Hall Fishing and Boating Show

Postby dahlberg » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:21 am

hi scott
thanks for thinking of us, and for the post! Yes, I've attended both those shows in the past and they are pretty big ones. At this point it's a time and effort thing for both Mike and I, but who knows maybe one of these days!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to General Questions