lure brand

General Questions

lure brand

Postby rignman » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:19 pm

I just watched the episode when you were topwater fishing on a river in October. The show when your buddy fell in. What brand and size lure were yal throwing?
rignman

Re: lure brand

Postby dahlberg » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:07 am

It's called a Whopper Plopper and distributed by River2Sea. It comes in three sizes, we were using the first prototypes of the very smallest one.
I was fishing behind my friend and using a crayfish jig style bait. I always let my fishing partner fish first and I usually like to follow up with a subsurface lure if the front guy is using top water. In most cases the fish count is pretty even. After he was up on me something like 15 to 1 I swithced to the Whopper Plopper as well. What's ironic is I went on the water just to see if the lure would operate and did not expect much if any top water action as the water was cold and the day was also cold and miserable. Ended up one of the best top water bites I've ever encountered!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby rignman » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:54 pm

Thank you for the info. I plan on getn me some of those baits. I see them working instead of a buzzbait.
rignman

Postby dahlberg » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:22 am

You have a keen eye RM. The Lane brothers from fla. who fish the pro circuit have been crushing big bass on the mid-sized plopper and keeping it really quiet. The reason we made the smaller ones is that we were catching so many huge smallmouth and largemouth on the giant-sized one while chasing muskies!
Best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby aka anglinarcher » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:34 pm

Until I moved, I was giving large Brown Trout sore lips with the mid sized one. Figures that the smallest one come out after I moved. LOL

Good Job Larry, love the looks of it.
I think my bucket list has a hole in the bottom!
aka anglinarcher

Return to General Questions