Lure maker

General Questions

Lure maker

Postby madman99 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:51 am

Hi Larry my name is Charlie
i live in Australia I design and make soft plastic lures I make realistic lures with sculpy clay and then mold them I can also carve hard body lures also it has taken me years to hone my skills to be able to create a realistic design.I have been trying to get in the fishing industry designing lures for a while now but no luck so far no one is willing to let me prove my self so far.I was just wondering if it would be possible if you could help me get into the fishing industry .All I want do is design and make fishing lures it would be a dream come true If you would like me to show you what I can do I will email you some photos my email address is ctalman@hotmail.com thanks for your time ctalman.
madman99

Re: Lure maker

Postby dahlberg » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:00 am

Keep working on your designs, give some to good local fishermen and let the fish decide it they're good enough to eat! If they become popular, figure out how to manufacture them on a small, economical scale (the folks at Alumilite will consult with you on that) then begin retailing them directly to fishermen and selling them to tackle shops.
If the designs prove themselves there's a good chance a larger company will be interested in working with you. As they say, "Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door."
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to General Questions