Travel Safety Precautions

General Questions

Travel Safety Precautions

Postby Bob Daly » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:19 am

HI Larry: Was wondering what type of safety precautions do you take when travelling into the remote jungles? First aid kit? Have you or any of the readers had any experience with Global Rescue? As mentioned I recently had some medical issues and am on large dosages of blood thinners. Does anybody have any suggestions on a good type of glove to wear to prevent hook or gills cutting issues?
Thanks doradokiller
Bob Daly

Re: Travel Safety Precautions

Postby dahlberg » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:09 am

hmm. I would refer all of those questions to medical experts at the travel clinic. and especially those most familiar with your specific issues. In regards to gloves, I've found leather best, but nothing a guarantee!
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Bob Daly » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:39 am

All: I received an extensive list of medical items to take along on remote adventures. My doctor friend is an avid angler and contributes many posts to this forum. As the list is very long email me at doradokiller@hotmail.com and I will forward it to you.
BD 8)
Bob Daly

Postby Bob Daly » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:48 pm

Wore Caddis neoprene waterproof gloves on my Alaska Peninsula trip. Was not sure if I could control my spin casting with them on, but no problem at all. Plus did not get cut by the hundreds of silvers released.
BD 8)
Bob Daly

Postby puckfisher » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:36 pm

I always have a Global Rescue card at about $300 per year.never used it. As big a first aid kit as is practical. antibiotics, strong pain med, epi pens, etc. Can be requested from your Doc. even small cuts and cuts and pokes can get infected. Wash, antibiotic ointment, wrap and keep dry. Gloves I use are batting gloves I get cheap at end of season. Stronger than golf gloves. I wear Lycra finger cots over gloves for smooth retrieves and preventing line burns while fly casting.
puckfisher

Return to General Questions