Spring loaded gaff.

General Questions

Spring loaded gaff.

Postby tracker » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:14 pm

I saw a episode where Larry had a small blue spring loaded gaff. He caught a huge catfish in Colombia. I like the way it looked but cant find it anywhere. Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks
tracker

Re: Spring loaded gaff.

Postby dahlberg » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:47 pm

it's a great gaff, but i'm not sure if it's available any more. I think it was called a safe t gaff.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby IV_Fishing » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:22 am

Hi Larry and Tracker,

I was also looking for the Gaff. It looks like the company that makes the Safe T Gaff is no longer in business. I found a similar gaff called the Landing Gaff LG-140, but its only sold in Japan. (I looked everywhere) There is one company on E-Bay that sells it for $200 in the U.S. but thats a little more than I want to spend on a Gaff. http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIOUEI-LANDING- ... 1217973995 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvuq0GUoxn4 Its a shame the other company went out of business, it looks like a great product with safety in mind.

Larry, I love the show. You always have some very clever equipment. I really liked the wet ruler that you have in your boat. What a better way to measure a fish and keep him healthy enough to release. That's a brilliant design.

Earl
IV_Fishing

Postby dahlberg » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:56 pm

hi e
thanks for the post. pretty nifty little gaff. I'm pretty sure the safe t gaff guys were tool makers who liked to fish and saw the need for a good folding gaff.too bad it didn't work out.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby dahlberg » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:44 am

Hi All
I found the contact info for the gaff. I can attest it's an excellent, very well made product.

Cutting Edge Tackle
PO Box 2327
El Cajon, CA 92021
Phone: (619) 871-5808
Fax: (619) 303-1891

best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to General Questions