Travel Rod Recs

General Questions

Travel Rod Recs

Postby RhettWheeler » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:11 am

Can anyone recommend a good baitcast travel rod they have experience with? Looking for something a little heavier, I like throwing a lot of big topwater plugs in saltwater.
"Fear not the man who knows 10,000 kicks but has practiced them one time. Fear the man who knows one kick and has practiced it 10,000 times."
RhettWheeler

Re: Travel Rod Recs

Postby Bob Daly » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:49 pm

Rhett: Anxious to hear a reply on the heavy travel rods. You are probably like me, carrying 1 piece rods into remote places is not going over well with the airlines!
Bob 8)
Bob Daly

Postby Dan Hanon » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:27 am

I'd like to know too! I ha e a BPS "Offahore Angler" saltwater rod that's a 3 piece 7'0 Heavy action. I caught a huge redtail catfish on it, so I can vouch for its performance. I'm not saying its a great rod, or the lightest, but I'm happy with the quality for about $130. I'm pretty sure it's IM7 graphite with what I'd describe as a medium-fast action.
Dan Hanon

Postby dahlberg » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:49 pm

Good news! Just spoke with the Todd the Mudhole engineer and he's going to have some two piece heavy action travel rod blanks ready to go is about 60 days. he tells me if you go to the mudhole website and sign up to receive special offers and announcement of new products you'll be notified when they arrive.
I've got one, and can't wait to get another half dozen.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Bob Daly » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:47 am

Thanks Larry: Just signed up!
8) BD
Bob Daly

Postby warpsyrhead » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:03 am

I got a $100 gift certificate to MudHole.com for Father's Day yesterday. I was so excited, until I started to think about everything I needed and the $100 is only a fraction of the costs. It's like trying to stuff a sausage. Not that I'm not grateful... Happy Father's Day, BTW
warpsyrhead

Postby RhettWheeler » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:08 am

dahlberg wrote:
> Good news! Just spoke with the Todd the Mudhole engineer and he's going to have some
> two piece heavy action travel rod blanks ready to go is about 60 days. he tells
> me if you go to the mudhole website and sign up to receive special offers and announcement
> of new products you'll be notified when they arrive.
> I've got one, and can't wait to get another half dozen.
> best,
> L

Very cool. I'll have to check that out. Always wanted to build my own rod.
"Fear not the man who knows 10,000 kicks but has practiced them one time. Fear the man who knows one kick and has practiced it 10,000 times."
RhettWheeler

Return to General Questions