Do you need ideas for new shows

General Questions

Do you need ideas for new shows

Postby josephlund » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:15 am

I fish Lake of the Woods in Canada and have seen and have had follows by some of the biggest muskelunge I have seen in 30 years of fishing. One musky in particular will not bite on any lure or presentation. I have tried every combination of lures and different time of the days and nights. This musky has a mouth that you could fit a basketball in. It has been said by some of the experts that the next world record musky will come from Lake of the Woods. Can you do a show on this and visit the Souix Narrows and fish White Fish Bay? I would love to see you land the next world record. The only thing I would like more, is to go with you and catch the record breaking fish with you.

Thanks,

Joe
josephlund

Postby Chris M » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:24 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!
Sorry, I thought that was just a little funny.
Let's fish!
Chris
Chris M

Postby Henry Schmidt » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:25 pm

The 'cold north' shows on Larry's DVD's are all Pike arent they, a Muskie show would be interesting. Being a fish of a 1000 casts, it probably would take days to make a show! I still dream of a show or 2 on huge Flathead Cats myself. Plus I'd love to see something on New Guinea Bass and more about those African Threadfin.
Henry Schmidt

Postby dahlberg » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:53 am

Hi J,
I appreciate the invitation. There certainly could be a world record in Lof the woods, but there are more likely places. (such as the great lakes)
Given the amount of fishing pressure there, and the relatively small number of fish caught over 40 lbs, I'd bet on Mille Lacs in Minnesota to produce more legit big boys in the next several years than LOTWs.

Actually I spend most of my "free, non-filming" time fishing muskies and have been a musky nut since I caught my first one when I was 9 years old!
I've done a few shows in the past on muskies, using flies and using kites, and did several in my days with InFisherman.
Regarding the fish of 1000 casts theory, I'm not so sure. I have lots of days when I catch a half dozen or more. My last outing in late oct produced nine.
I'm planning to fish for New Guinea bass in a few months. Not sure when I can return to the giant threadfin!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to General Questions