Okumas Komodo 350

General Questions

Okumas Komodo 350

Postby Fishawn » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:25 pm

Hey Larry quick question what's your opinion on the Okumas Komodo 350 just watch the Colombia episode and saw you using it. Looked like you were able to woop some butt with it.
Fishawn

Re: Okumas Komodo 350

Postby dahlberg » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:12 am

So far so good. I don't have a jillion hours on the reel yet, but really like the shape and size and so far no problems at all. Plus, it has a clicker, which I think is critical if you do any live baiting, and it's easy to change the anti-backlash settings in case someone else wants to fish with one of my rods.
Not to mention, it's a great value.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Fishawn » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:54 am

Thanks for quick response Larry! Yes I'll be using that bait clicker for stripers here in NorCal. With 25lbs of drag can't beat it
Fishawn

Postby cuzzinfish » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:54 am

Hope you don't mind me butting in. I'm not as qualified as Larry to talk about value compared to other reels but I would like to back him up in terms of the function of the reel. I bought one a few months ago and have been nothing but happy with it. Also, I have issues with ulnar tunnel and find it to be more comfortable than other reels I've used.

Robert
cuzzinfish

Postby Fishawn » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:49 am

Thanks Robert, I'm a cook so I also suffer from carpal tunnel also so comfort is a huge concern when choosing a reel.
Fishawn

Postby cuzzinfish » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:45 am

Hey Larry,
As I posted earlier, I bought a Komodo 350 less than a year ago and followed that up with a Citrix 350 (with a power handle) for bucktails. They worked great for a while but the drag, on both, is failing. The Citrix, as of yesterday, loses ground while lifting a heavy jig and the Komodo isn't far behind. I'll be calling tomorrow to see if anything can be done. Have you (or anyone else who reads this) had this problem/failing?

Thanks,

Robert
cuzzinfish

Postby warpsyrhead » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:04 am

Thanks for the update! I was considering getting the Komodo, so this good information.
warpsyrhead

Postby dahlberg » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Just finished another trip using the Komodo 350. One had to take an underwater trip under some brush in pursuit of a pcock and got a little sand in it and sounded terrible, but continued to function. Love the fact they have a clicker. I've been testing some different platforms and this seems like a winner, especially given the price. Gotta have the power handle though cause the stock double is like rubber!
IMO you can't go wrong with this reel.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to General Questions