Tigerfish

General Questions

Tigerfish

Postby CBork » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:43 pm

Larry:

Can you tell more about where you caught the Tigerfish pictured in your photo album? Is it a difficult or challenging expedition in getting to the location?

I want to start fishing for more exotic species and this sounds like a great one to begin with!
Chris
CBork

Postby dahlberg » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:40 pm

Hi CB,
If you're after an exotic tough guy it would be hard to pick a better creature than a Tigerfish. The only thing they're lacking is a sonic boom.
I've fished them in several places on the Zambezi including the reservoirs and I'd suggest fishing the river rather than the impoundments.
Getting there involves a long airplane ride to Joberg, then to Lusaka, Zambia, then on a small plane to a camp. Really not at all difficult, but it is halfway around the world.
You can get all the details if you click on the travel link located on the top right on first page of this website.
By far best time is during our fall when the water is at normal levels and the fish make a major spawning run. Actually right now is a very good time, and daytime temps can be around 100F.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Thank you

Postby CBork » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:22 pm

Thanks, Larry.

I'm going to check into this and see about planning the trip. Hopefully we cna lock into a monster like the one you caught.
Chris
CBork

Return to General Questions