Pathfinder 2200

General Questions

Pathfinder 2200

Postby Seavee » Sun May 04, 2014 8:15 pm

Hey Larry, I know you fish out of a 2400 pathfinder I have been looking at the 2200 tournament and had some questions. First off I primarily smallmouth fish on Lake Michigan, currently out of a z20 ranger. I am tired of getting beat up in rough water and would like to have the ability to troll for salmon and musky. I have fished out of a pathfinder for redfish in calm water without a trolling motor and really liked the boat and was wondering how it handles in big waves and if it is easy to fish out of while running a trolling motor "like most bass fishing applications would call for". Not sure if this is the right choice for me or if a 620 ranger multi species or just another bass boat would be a better option.
Thanks
Seavee

Re: Pathfinder 2200

Postby dahlberg » Mon May 05, 2014 9:30 am

I use mine all the time with a bow mount trolling motor and twin power poles with drift paddles in big wind and waves and it's great. I've owned the 22, and it's a great boat but for big water much prefer the 24 or the 23 step hull. There is a significant difference in the way they handle rough water versus the shorter, lighter version. The ranger is a good boat, but I've found the pathfinder hull to offer a dryer and better ride.
A big part of it is where the passengers are located, almost 4 feet more to the rear. Also the massive fuel tank is nice.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to General Questions