Suitable destination for celebrating a big birthday?

General Questions

Suitable destination for celebrating a big birthday?

Postby Questor » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:31 pm

Mr. Dahlberg:

50 looms ahead and I need to plan a suitable celebratory fishing or hunting trip. A couple of things that come to mind are elephant hunting in Zimbabwe, bonefishing in Belize, or wingshooting in Argentina.

Got any other suggestions for the adventurous hunter or the beauty-seeking fisherman? The fish don't need to be big, but the surroundings need to be beautiful. Good scuba diving would be a plus.

The budget is pretty big for this one.

Thanks for your time.
Questor

Postby dahlberg » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:27 pm

Hi Q,
Can't say much about hunting elephants or shooting doves, but bonefishing Belize wouldn't be too high on my list. Africa and tigerifsh are pretty unforgettable. Tarpon everywhere are a real eye opener for a first timer.
Big world, lots of fish in lots of places! do you have a favorite fish or budget in mind?
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Bionic » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:47 pm

I agree with Larry on Tigerfish.
You could do a African combo
Big game hunting / tigerfish
Or an Agentina combo
Dove shooting / golden dorado

Both would be very memoriable trips

Scott
Just when everything is going your way, something breaks!!!
Bionic

Postby Questor » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:41 am

Thanks for the response.

My favorite is the bonefish because I like wading the shallows. They also live in places where snorkeling and SCUBA diving tends to be pretty close by. It's also low-key, relaxing, and is a good game for fly fishing. I've done these trips before and it's great to get up early, fish until 2 or 3, then go snorkeling or sight seeing for a while.

Tarpon are on my radar screen for this trip, but beautiful surroundings are a must. I really don't want to fish some muddy Central American jungle river even though the tarpon might be good.

Flats fishing while wading is what I like best.

I thought about fishing in Africa, but from what I've seen of tigerfish fishing, I don't think I'd like it. At least not for this trip. My mind would be on hunting were I to go to Africa.
Questor

Return to General Questions