Fan Club

General Questions

Fan Club

Postby bassfighter1 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:03 pm

Hey Larry, Have You And Mike Ever Thought About Having A Fan Club For Us Goop Heads,Just A Thought,:-)
bassfighter1

Re: Fan Club

Postby dahlberg » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:17 am

Hmm, fan club. No, never have. To whom would the club be fans and what might be the purpose?
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby bassfighter1 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:05 am

Hello Larry,The Fan Club Would Be About Us Obsessive Fisherman Who Love Making Lures To Catch Fish And Share Ideas In Our Quest To Build A Better Mouse Trap.
bassfighter1

Postby dahlberg » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:36 am

whoa betty! that's going to make one heck on an Acronym!! We could have T-shirts and shoes pre-stained with all of the various goop we goopsters goop with!
hmm, glancing down at my garb, I guess I'm already in!
May the goop be with you brother!

L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby bassfighter1 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:44 am

Yeah,Mine Stained With Alumifoam And Resin,Lol
bassfighter1

Postby Dan Hanon » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:09 am

I think a bi-monthly "webcast" featuring Larry would be cool. He could do a 6-8 minute video demonstrating a knot connection, or some other technical aspect, like a bridle rig for musky, etc. I think it would be a cool compliment to the show. What so you think Larry?
Dan Hanon

Postby dahlberg » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:15 am

That's a good idea. we tried one year's ago, via web and telephone when I was on ESPN and although it was just a question and answer audio thing it went pretty well. The only problem is my schedule is so goofy it would be hard to keep it regular if done on a live basis. I've got next week planned to do a few more lure making things for our Makelure site.
If there are some specifics you'd like to see me cover, please let me know!
Thanks for the post,
BTW it's snowing like CRAZY outside!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Dan Hanon » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:27 am

Yea, with your travel schedule it would be rough, but the web video wouldn't have to be live. It could be a short YouTube-type snippet. For example, when you're on-location filming, you could film a short instructional piece and later post it on your website. Or, just film a segment in your home workshop! Personally, Id like to see your method of tying a Bimini twist, then join to a mono leader with a double nail knot.

Thanks

Dan
Dan Hanon

Postby bassfighter1 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:34 am

I Would Love To See An Episode On Lure Action, I Made A Couple Of Lipless Crankbaits And Can't Get The Action Rite,I Want It To Have A Little Wiggle When I Reel It In, But It Doesn't Do That It OnlIt Don'Do Anything
bassfighter1

Postby dahlberg » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:41 pm

I just did a workshop episode on that very subject (molding an xl trap) for one of the last shows, and it should be posted on makelure soon if it's not there already. Actually, I made it with a tube that the line passes thru.
The key is all the weight should be forward and the rear super buoyant. I used a mag trap for the master, tungsten and superplastic for the front 1/4 or 1/3 and alumifoam for the tail. I poured it from the rear with the head straight down. Even though I did not add rattles it shakes so hard that on a fast retrieve you can hear it when it's 40 feet from the boat!
Mess with weight and with the position of the connection point and it should work for you if you duplicated an existing lure.
As an sidenote, I classify this type of design as a vibrating blade variation, inspired by lures like the old heddon Sonar, Sonic, etc.

Coincidentally, cameraman/editor and I are in the process right now of doing some of the very things you're suggested! Keep the ideas coming!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:00 pm

I think the live webcast is a great idea. As Larry mentioned, it might be difficult to schedule on a regular basis but think we might be able to simply announce it here on the site when we schedule one and see how it goes. Might take a little while to orchestrate but I'll start looking into it and we'll see if we can put one together to test it out.

Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Postby thefinnishminnow » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:46 pm

I'd also like to thank Larry and Mike for their videos. I've really enjoyed them over the last several years, love watching your guys techniques. even started experimenting with some of my leftover dental materials to make some prototype stuff
thefinnishminnow

Postby rausch51 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:19 pm

I thought this was the Fan Club?! :lol:
rausch51

Return to General Questions