Status on Mr. Whiggley Production

General Questions

Status on Mr. Whiggley Production

Postby Wahoo61 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:32 pm

Larry, ordered a bunch of Whiggleys from Pro Tackle Solutions. Just got off the phone with them and they said the baits did not turn out to your liking and that they were in the process of making them again. I know you hate the Whiggley questions, but can you give us an update on the status? Thanks for all you do!
Wahoo61

Re: Status on Mr. Whiggley Production

Postby Dan Hanon » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:24 pm

You guys keep asking the same questions about Mr. Whiggley, over and over...... Can't you accept that the production models aren't available yet, or perhaps they need to tweak the design. Be patient, eventually you'll be able to buy more Whiggley's then you can ever use!
Dan Hanon

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:59 pm

From my gathering, nobody is more frustrated and disappointed than Larry that this has taken this long however he and River2Sea are not going to put out or sign off on anything other than what Larry expects to see in the production samples. He has promised us that he will let us all know as soon as he knows something ... so unfortunately we all have to keep waiting. Good luck Larry!

Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Postby dahlberg » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:23 am

If you had any idea of the pain....
I've been fishing with working versions for over ten years that I make myself. The factory has had difficulty in interpreting my designs and getting them to track properly, be tough enough to fish with etc. Admittedly, there are things I can do in my workshop that are not practical from a mass production standpoint.

Not to point fingers but.....the ones I make myself to my specs work perfectly..... the "corrections" or "changes" I've made to factory protos that did not work properly have involved getting back on track to my original design! I can attest the guys at river2sea are almost as frustrated as I am, but there's light at the end of the tunnel and I think we're at last all on the same page as far as design and material criteria.

I'm hoping to see a final iteration within a week or two that's put together according to plan! Keep your fingers crossed.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to General Questions