Super Shad Raps

General Questions

Super Shad Raps

Postby HWK » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:18 pm

Larry,

On your last nile perch show, I noticed that you were using several diferent super shad raps in color paterns that I've never seen. After serching the web it looks like they are only availible in the UK. Do you know of any US stores that would carry the HTP, PCBG, PTP and RDT colors ? Great shows so far Larry !!! Looking forward to the Mekong cat episode !!!
HWK

Postby dahlberg » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:36 am

Hi H,
I have no idea why they don't offer the same colors in each market.
I've heard plenty of complaints recently over discontinued lures and colors as well. It's a public company now and apparently as they get bigger and bigger through acquisitions they're paring down all but the hightest volume items.
Some of the different colors you saw , may have also been on a River2Sea lure we were testing that's the same "shad" shape but is a little fatter. Plus, rather than being made of delecate and easily broken b1alsa, are made of high impact plastic.
The big cat show that's coming up is not a Mekong cat (which is only in SE Asia), it's a much more physically impressive critter called a Lau Lau, which is found in South America.
thanks for the post!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby HWK » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:19 am

Thanks Larry, I'll check out the River2Sea site !!!
HWK

Return to General Questions