soft lure silicone mold

General Questions

soft lure silicone mold

Postby lakefront6 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:06 pm

On ur utube video about making soft baits withalumisol u used a mold that had 3 cavities. can u show how to make that mold or do u already have a video showing how
lakefront6

Re: soft lure silicone mold

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:23 pm

I'm not sure exactly which one you are referring to?? Is it a 3 piece mold or a 3 cavity mold. If it has 3 cavities, we probably just layed 3 lures next to each other, built a box, around all of them, sealed it, mixed up our silicone rubber, poured it in the box over the 3 lures, and allowed it to cure. Once cured, we removed the box, removed the lures, and had 3 cavities left in the mold.

See the swimbait tutorial ... the 3rd from the bottom on the videos page of www.makelure.com and it should walk you through making a multi cavity mold.

If I'm off basis, please respond by putting a link in your response to the video you are referring to.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Postby RhettWheeler » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:41 am

I think he's referring to the 3 piece mold for wiggly
"Fear not the man who knows 10,000 kicks but has practiced them one time. Fear the man who knows one kick and has practiced it 10,000 times."
RhettWheeler

Postby lakefront6 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:06 pm

I do appreciate th quick responce. I looked at the video and it did give me the generai=l info I wanted The three cavity mold I was refering to was the making lure- how to use alumisol. Woul appreciate a little more detail on that mold since it completly enclosed the lure. to make a similar mold to the gulp swimming mullet I think the mold wou have to cover the entire lure.Since this is new to me can u add sent to the baits?
lakefront6

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:05 pm

The easiest way to make a mold to encapsulate the entire thing is to make a split mold, similar to how Larry made this gang mold ... basically suspend the lures in a mold, pour your rubber, then cut them out so the mold can open to like a book. You'd want to line them up from head to tail so they all open on the same page. A two piece mold may be more recommended for this lure but its really up to you.

Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Return to General Questions