Appearences and speaking?

General Questions

Appearences and speaking?

Postby Cochise » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:32 am

Hi Larry, we have a new non-profit fishing organization that is having a first annual banquet this spring in Grand Junction, Colorado...

We are looking for a popular figure in fishing to come and be our headliner...You were our unanimous choice...I have no idea if this is something you do or not so i thought I would ask.

Our mission is to bridge the gap between all anglers and increase quality opportunities as well as increasing participation. We donate our funds to charitable organizations such as Bare Neccesaties who provide basic goods such as clothes and toiletries to kids who are entering into Foster care programs...

Local Program Designed to Help Foster Children
Receives Generous Donation From Caring Community Members
Mesa County, CO - The Bear Necessities program, administered through the Department of Human Services, is designed to provide suitcases, backpacks, toiletry items and other supplies to children and teens entering Foster Care in an emergency situation. Because these children are often taken into DHS custody with few, if any, of their own belongings, this program seeks to provide necessary items which they can take into their new home.

The Western Slope Anglers held their 2nd annual charity fishing tournament in May, which raised over $1,100.00. 100% of the proceeds went to the Bear Necessities program to purchase the above mentioned items for Foster Children. In addition, Bank of Colorado held a donation drive at their local branches and were able to collect approximately $1,000.00 in general merchandise donations.

Let me know if this is somehting you do and what it might take logisticallly for us to make it happen....Maybe even just a video....?

You are the angler that bridges the gap between fly, bait, spin, cast, ocean, river, lake.....you are the angler that represents that there are no boundaries in fishing and having you or your endorsement on video or in person would mean more than anything to us and our mission.

Hey, regardless of what you can do...we appreciate all that you have done and will do for fishing....Thanks for reading!!

Regards,

Cody Powell
Western Slope Anglers
Cody@westernslopeanglers.com
970-261-4106
Cochise

Postby dahlberg » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:09 pm

Hi Cody,
Thanks for the nice note and kind words. I'm on my way out the door heading toward Brazil. I'll email you after I get back.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Cochise » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:07 am

Thanks Larry, Great Luck..Be safe. Can't wait for the show!
Cochise

Return to General Questions