Shimano?

General Questions

Shimano?

Postby Bucktail » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:52 pm

Hi Larry,

After seeing some of your recent tackle recommendations, specifically a St. Croix rod viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18899 and a Daiwa reel viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18910, I'm curious to know if you're still sponsored by Shimano. :?:

Thanks,
Bob
Bucktail

Re: Shimano?

Postby dahlberg » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:02 am

You're observant, but note shimano doesn't make a product that addresses either of the issues. Especially rods.
FYI, I don't have contracts signed with anyone for the coming season and am sitting on bated breath so to speak in a number of categories.
I've been somewhat disappointed in recent loss of features, like no clicker and difficult to access anti-backlash system in the new Calcutta series.

L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Bucktail » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:57 pm

I've always been a Shimano fan. They are always pushing the envelope and not staying with the safe choices all the time. They've come up with some great and innovative products over the years. But, I guess they can't hit a home run every time.

Good luck getting your sponsors lined up for this season! I would think they'd be banging down your door to sign you.

Take care,
Bob
Bucktail

Postby MNPHATS » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:26 pm

The Shimano TranX is ridiculous. From what I've garnered, you've had an immense impact on it's development and refinement. Thank you. I've landed a possible World Record Cubera on it, as well as quality Yellowfin, Yellowtail, Wahoo, Sailfish, Roosterfish, and Dorado. A clicker would be nice, but until Shimano comes to their senses, I'll eyeball or hand-hold it. Fun and powerful reel, you're to thank.
MNPHATS

Postby dahlberg » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:58 pm

thanks for the kind words. guess that's the way the clicker clicks..
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to General Questions