The Hunt For Big Fish

General Questions

The Hunt For Big Fish

Postby Brad S » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:28 am

Hi Larry

First of all I wanted to thank you for your great T.V. shows. They have become my no 1 favorite, and I like the music as well. Even my wife likes your shows, and that's saying something.

I've gotten some great ideas re rigging and fishing soft plastics from you, ie Mr Wiggly and the way you rigged lg plastic shad the same way for tarpon. I have some lg banjo minnows I plan to rig and fish the same way as well as plastic shad for stripers in salt water if the weather here in Rhode Island ever warms up. When you get Mr. Wiggly up for sale I'd like to try some of them as well.

One tip re "Don't Drink the Water"; I've made a few trips to Honduras and Mexico and had heard that Grapefruit Seed Extract was good for "Montezuma's Revenge"/Giardia/Amoebic Dysentery and I and two others tried it and it didn't work, but what really worked for me was GARLIC, believe it or not! I filled capsules with garlic powder and took one with food in am, one in p.m. and dysentery was GONE!! It worked for others as well.

Garlic is grown/used in central and south America also (AHH-ho in Spanish) so you can get it fresh there if you haven't got it in capsules. I don't know if you're a garlic lover or not but if you chop fresh garlic up small and mix it into food it's not hard to take at all.

This simple cure might save you a lot of misery next time or you might be able to eat the local food if you mix some garlic in it from the get go.

Best wishes, and I hope to watch your adventures for many years to come. Today is my first time visiting your web site but I'm seriously considering trying some of those destinations myself it you offer travel and guide info.
Brad S

Postby dahlberg » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:01 am

hi brad,
thanks for the post! I'm glad you enjoy the shows.
I appreciate your advice regarding garlic, however serious screamers which are caused by bacteria or parasites usually need either cipro or some kind of anti-parasite drug. I have a whole case of stool sample jars at home so I don't have to make two trips to the doctor when I get back home from the third world and am quite experienced with matters of this type. In fact, I sometimes travel under an assumed name; Mr Louis Toole.
regards,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Brad S » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:31 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: "Mr. Louis Tool"--It took me a minute to get that one but it was pretty good.
Brad S

Return to General Questions