Looking for advice

General Questions

Looking for advice

Postby Rado » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:50 am

Hello Larry,
I have been a fan of yours for many years. The places you have shown, the techniques described, and most of all the fish, have been an inspiration in a lot of the fishing I do. Long story short, I am getting divorced. I want to put some inspiration back in life, I want to do something to take care of myself for a change. I am going to take a trip in October, somewhere new, something big. I have a budget of $2,500.00, speak English (no Spanish), have a passport, and proficient with conventional and fly gear. I have thought of stripers on the Cumberland or Melton hill, bull Redfish in LA, Snook or Tarpon inshore. I am hoping to find: shallow water, predatory fish, numerous shots/day at fish, and a size of 20+ pounds or bigger. You have traveled the world and fished with some of the greatest there is.

If you had a week in October, 2500 to spend, and wanted nothing more than fish that try to rip the rod out of your hands, where would you recommend?

Thank you in advance
Rado

Re: Looking for advice

Postby dahlberg » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:24 pm

Thanks for the kind words.
hmm. that is a really tough question. wish i had something at my fingertips.
I'm not sure how many days you could stay, eat, fish in Venice on your budget but it's sure worth doing a little inquiring with guides, tell them your situation and see what you can work out. That's usually a great time to be down there chasing reds.
On most of the international stuff the flights can really eat up the budget in a hurry.
I feel for you, hope everything works out for the best.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Re: Looking for advice

Postby Rado » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:48 pm

Thank you, it looks like there is some outfits that have lodging, fishing, and food for around $500/day per person down there. I appreciate your input.
Rado

Return to General Questions