mr wiggly two separate molds??????

General Questions

mr wiggly two separate molds??????

Postby ajohn33 » Tue May 21, 2013 11:51 am

hi larry i noticed with the advanced mr wiggly you have two separate molds for the tail and body. i was pondering why? if so the technical advantage.

thx in advanced
ajohn33 avid lure maker
ajohn33

Re: mr wiggly two separate molds??????

Postby dahlberg » Tue May 21, 2013 1:23 pm

The tail is pretty thin which can make filling the tail cavity a little dodgy, or sometimes creates an adhesion issue if the body plastic isn't hot enough. By making a separate mold it was easier to get a perfect tail every time.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby mhicks12387 » Wed May 22, 2013 10:45 pm

Hi Larry,

After watching so many shows highlighting Mr. Wiggly, I desperately want to buy some in support of my striper fishing habit. Any recommendations? I'd try to build my own leveraging all your lure making tutorials, but I'm a computer guy with no such skills. Anyway, my son, daughter and I are big fans of yours and have learned a lot from you.

Thanks,

Morris (mo.hicks@verizon.net)
mhicks12387

Postby dahlberg » Thu May 23, 2013 4:23 am

I'm sure all you lack is confidence, a fish does not care what he is caught on...but hopefully Mr Whiggley will be available to all mid season this year. I'm expecting a round of final production (hopefully) samples within a week or so. If they pass muster they will go into production immediately. I promise your stripers will really like them.
Check out the lure making class at Verndale High School, also the class posted elsewhere on the forum in the luremaking section.
Glad you enjoy the show!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to General Questions