need my fix

General Questions

need my fix

Postby steelheadsicko » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:40 pm

I no longer have cable and I wish to watch the hunt for big fish. Larry do you sell the seasons on DVD. or is there anyway I can watch last year season and this year's season
steelheadsicko

Re: need my fix

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:36 pm

I know Larry has been looking into this for quite some time ... investigating the best venue to make available his archived seasons and years of never before seen footage/tape. Some of which did and even more that never made programs. Not sure where he is in that process. Do not believe he has season by season DVDs for sale.

Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Postby mark_odegard » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:29 pm

steelheadsicko wrote:
> I no longer have cable and I wish to watch the hunt for big fish. Larry do
> you sell the seasons on DVD. or is there anyway I can watch last year
> season and this year's season

I'm with you on this one. I've been eagerly (maybe even frantically) awaiting the whole series to come out for a while now, and Larry's told me that it's in the works. I've been trying to wait until the whole season is available to drop the money, but I think I might cave in and buy the first season sometime soon!

Mark
mark_odegard

Postby puckfisher » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:38 am

I don't know why Larry hasn't responded on this. Perhaps he has discontinued the DVD's. I got one for Christmas a couple years ago with exactly what you request. Dunno.Puckfisher
puckfisher

Postby steelheadsicko » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:49 pm

Puckfisher Larry did come out with season one, I was just wondering where the rest were and if we can expect more DVDs. Also as for why Larry has not responded, he probably has his priorities in order and is fishing ;)
steelheadsicko

Postby aka anglinarcher » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:30 pm

I remember Larry mentioning that he was trying to work something out on his past seasons. I know one season is available through Alumilite.com.

I suspect that he does not "own" the past seasons completely. The network probably owns some of the rights and it may take some working before he can get the DVD's ready.

As for Larry, that man lives a very busy life style. I suspect in the time it takes for us to write this he has traveled across two time zones. Still, I would almost leave my job to get a chance to fish some of the places he "has to work at". LOL :mrgreen:
I think my bucket list has a hole in the bottom!
aka anglinarcher

Postby dahlberg » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:00 am

Sorry for not responding. I totally missed the post.
Fortunately, I totally 100% own all my material both edited and unedited. Thousands of hours of footage. So far it's redistribution has only been in a "best of" volume one.
We're working on a Pike video consisting of archival and current material for Stoney Wolf, who distributes to the catalog houses and larger retail chains.
It will also be available on the hfbf / makelure estore like the current one.
As far as future plans, I'm still waffling between dvd's which seem to be on the way out or almost gone already, some tv permutation which involves lots of hassles in order to make any profit whatsoever, or some kind of internet thing, which seems to have the same problems as TV as far as creating revenue,or just selling the whole lot outright!
The other question is whether to format it year by year, by species or by location. Suggestions??
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Dan Hanon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:55 pm

Larry,

I'd sell your episodes on dvd as "season box sets"-its just nice to have a complete season on one dvd! I think you would make more money too. For instance, if I want all of your peacock bass episodes, I'd have to buy multiple "season box sets" instead of just one "peacock bass box set". Just my thoughts......
Dan Hanon

Postby mustFish » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:24 pm

I would buy whatever you offer on DVD, there are LOTS of DVD players out there, and lots of DVD disks which many people still watch.

Sales of new devices may be down vs. in the past - but zillions of DVD players are already owned, and in use.

Dave
mustFish

Postby steelneal » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:21 pm

Dear Larry,
i would love to be able to buy an entire season type dvd. I just looked at the Larry Store and only volume 1 was for sale. I too dropped cable
Tight lines
steelneal

Return to General Questions