UV epoxy

General Questions

UV epoxy

Postby ffdonnie » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:28 pm

What brand is that UV epoxy that Larry is using in his video? Or any other type like it.

Thanks
Donnie
ffdonnie

Re: UV epoxy

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:28 am

Hey Donnie,

It is our own version we are coming out with shortly. Larry and I have been playing with these for years and are now finally getting to the point that we like a formula enough to release it. It will be coming out within the next month. Will have more details on it soon.

Mike
Alumilite
Mike - Alumilite

Postby ffdonnie » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:02 pm

Thanks Mike
ffdonnie

Postby Gags500 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:29 am

Hello , Im new to the alumilite brand and think that you guys have great products. Im very eager to try out this product on my fishing lures . How will you announce that the uv cure epoxy becomes available ?
Gags500

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:40 pm

We'll post the product and a video on MakeLure.com but we will also post here ... more than likely make a new topic in the Lure Making category.

Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Postby a-mac » Thu May 23, 2013 3:25 pm

I can't wait to try this stuff out.

I'm using a uv product now (Solarez) that is popular with surf board finishing. However, light timing is critical (to the second) to acquire a gloss finish, along with multiple on/off light cycles. The product isn't quite comparable to epoxy in clarity either, leaving a slight waxy film on the surface. Though this isn't an issue with lighter colored lures, the finish over a dark lure isn't as desirable (from a fisherman point of view).

How is the finish of the upcoming alumilite uv coat in comparison to the product above? How comparable is the finish to products such as eviro-tex or devcon 2 ton? Can the clear coat be applied to waterbased paints such as createx? Enamels?
Lastly, what about the toxicity of the cure? Most clears are volatile and also have a substantial list of harmful chemicals to go along with them.

I appreciate any info.
Thanks!
Live2Fish~Fish2Live
Aaron
a-mac

Return to General Questions